Background

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Rockin' Green Sponsor Spotlight/Review







If you are considering cloth diapers, one of the most overwhelming aspects you'll come across is the wash routine. You will hear a variety of responses when you ask (or Google) about length, temperature, detergent (How much? What kind?), bleach, soaking, stripping, drying, and so forth. While it will be a matter of trial and error depending on your machine, diaper material, water hardness, and your baby's diet, the Rockin' Green website is a fantastic place to start.

The site features a wealth of information that can help you determine the best wash routine for you, and if you're still having trouble, Rockin' Green employees and fellow consumers can help you out in the Community section of the site as well as the Support Page.





From the About Us page:

     Rockin’ Green is an award-winning manufacturer of eco-friendly cleaning products designed to make cleaning easier and greener. Most well-known for their clean-rinsing laundry detergent formulated for use on all fabrics and especially useful on cloth diapers, Rockin’ Green produces detergents for hard, soft and normal water conditions (known as Hard, Soft and Classic Rock varieties).


I was mailed three samples of the Classic Rock variety (which was the right formula for the type of water in my area) in the Smashing Watermelons scent so I decided to wash a load of diapers and then soak some of the stinky microfiber inserts I have been using.


Since I have a front-loader, I consulted the Frontloader Database to figure out which wash cycles are recommended for my particular machine. I found this to be extremely helpful because front-loaders operate a little differently than top-loaders and it does make a difference! I realized that I needed an additional pre-wash in my routine. Who knew?!

I ordered the Smashing Watermelons scent, which was yummy, but not overwhelming, which is probably at least partly because all of the scents are natural. You can also get Rockin' Green laundry detergent in unscented (Bare Naked Babies). I thought my diapers may end up scented (like my clothes normally do when I use other detergents) but instead, they smelled CLEAN! I can't describe it in a better way, but if you've ever had a yucky smell after washing diapers, you know how relieving it is when they end up smelling like NOTHING. It's a good thing. ;)

I was having some issues with the microfiber inserts I use with my pocket diapers. They hold in the ammonia stink and I can always smell it, however faintly, even after I've washed them. While checking out the Rockin' Green website, I came across the "How to Rock a Soak" page. Since I have a front-loading washer, I can't soak in my machine, so I used the bathtub instead. I soaked them for 60 minutes and then threw them in the washer on a rinse cycle. It worked! The ammonia smell was gone! I was thrilled. Microfiber is pretty high-maintenance, though, especially if you are using it in an overnight diaper. In that case, Rockin' Green recommends trying their Funk Rock ammonia bouncer (which you can win along with a Rockin' Bundle from me in an upcoming giveaway!)


Even if you don't use cloth, Rockin' Green detergent can be used for clothing (and so many other things!) as well, and as far as I know, it is the only detergent with three different formulas to accommodate your water hardness. They also provide pet-safe detergent for chew toys and bedding, a garbage pail freshener, and odor neutralizing spray!

I was skeptical about "CD-specific" detergents going into this review, but I can honestly say that I absolutely LOVE Rockin' Green detergent! Their products are of the highest quality, eco-friendly, and bio-degradable and the website is more than just an online store. I have learned so much about my wash routine from visiting their site.

37 comments:

  1. Love the scents! - Claiborne snyder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this on my CD diapers & my husband's uniforms. Gets out grease stains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that they are cloth diaper safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use this detergent for my cloth diapers and towels. Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard great things about this product. The reason it peaked my interest is because it is cloth diaper friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that there's a formula for every water type!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scents and the different levels for your water type - classic, hard, or soft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the scents and the soak works awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that they are eco friendly and have great scents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that they are safe to use on cloth diapers and that they actually get diapers clean.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Rocking Green because it is cloth diaper safe and I feel like it really gets my diapers clean. I don't have problems with odor or build up when I use rocking green!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really interesting... that's really cool that they help you figure out what wash routine will work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love their scents and that it's owned by a family. Hard rock is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how well the products work! We have been using Funk Rock to strip diapers since we started and it always works wonders for us. Thank you for the nifty products.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the wonderful scents their products come in also they work extremely well

    ReplyDelete
  16. The names are too funny! Very clever. I like that they have something that works in hard water

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the variety of scents they offer. All are so fun and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the diffrent formulas for different types of water

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how eco friendly it is and how well it fights the smells on the diapers

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like that there are different formulas for different water types and that the company is from my home state of Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I only use rocking green for my CD, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have heard so much about it & all good, want to try your product!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I use R&G and love their scents!
    Kimberlie

    ReplyDelete
  24. We love Rockin' Green. It is the only detergent that my son doesn't get rashes from!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love that its a cloth diaper friendly and the name is pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the originality in the scent descriptions and the fact they are aptly named! Oh, and I really love the way that RNG makes my house smell!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love RNG! I'm still trying to work out the proper amount of hard rock we need for our soft water here, LOL. (We just moved from a hard water area)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love their scents and how AMAZING it gets stink and stains out of DS's diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i like that they are cloth diaper safe, pretty natural, and I like the scents! I would love to try the ammonia booster!

    -Hannah Avery
    hannahavery85@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that Rockin' Green is so eco-friendly! Plus, their scent sound amazing. I'd love to try the Funk Rock for stripping my diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rockin green is the only cd detergent that didnt cause build up for me. I love it! use it for small stripping seshs and for major build up i use rlr with the rg

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all their scents and the fact that they have special formulas for hard water.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like that their website helps you determine the best washing routine and I like that their scents are natural.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've been feeling an urge to try cd'ing, blogs and products like these are starting to push me toward "do it now!". i like that this compamy offers the solution to one of my cd'ing queries which was the fear that detergents would do just as much environmental harm as disposables.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like the scents and that they are safe for cloth diapers

    ReplyDelete