Background

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Six Months, my little Butterball!



Hey Silly Girl!
    
     This update is a little bit late, but for good reason. I promise. On your half-birthday, the three of us set out on our journey to Texas. Your daddy had orders to Ft. Hood, and we had to be there by November 14. You were such a good girl the whole trip, even though we spent almost two whole days in the car. You split your time between my car and Daddy's, and I think you liked his car better because it made more noise. :)
     In the past month, you have become much more mobile. You roll all over the place now, and you're even starting to scoot a little bit. You make all kinds of noises these days, including the newest one--clicking your tongue. It's so funny when you hear me do it and you do it back. You also scream a lot, but usually happy screams!I know you will be talking in no time, and I can't wait for our conversations to become more substantial. Goodness gracious, girl! I cannot believe we are more than halfway to a YEAR together!
     You are enjoying pureed foods now as well, like pears, green beans, prunes, and peas, but I am SO proud to say that we have made it six whole months of breastfeeding with no supplementing! We both know it hasn't been easy, and we are still having our challenges, but here's to another successful six months, Baby Doll!
     You are still waking up in the middle of the night to nurse, but I've gotten pretty used to it. During the day you are generally a very happy baby. Your smile is so infectious! You have really loved meeting all the nice new people out here in Texas. And they have all loved meeting you! Wherever we go, people fawn over your chubby cheeks and beautiful blue eyes.
     As of yesterday, you are 20lb 9oz. One strong and solid little chunkamunk, and I couldn't be happier! This Thanksgiving Day, I am so incredibly thankful for you. Every single ounce. Every single day. Every smile, every tear, every poopy diaper (even if it's in the middle of the pediatrician's lobby when I'm filling out paperwork). You amaze me, and I could not imagine my life without you! 

I love you!
Mama

2 comments:

  1. So big so fast! - Claiborne snyder

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Congrats :) I am due with my first in January and this makes me anxious for him to be here and yet want time to go SLOW all at once!!

    ReplyDelete