Background

Friday, September 21, 2012

My life in boxes...

     I know I haven't posted in a few days. I think I am trying to hard to come up with something informative or useful, more like a news article. Well, that's not gonna happen today. For anyone who knows me, you know that I am a newly initiated Army wife and my husband just got orders, so we will be moving in less than two months. Since he's still at AIT, the responsibility of sorting and packing our things falls on me. 

Everything I own, besides my clothing and furniture!


     Right now, all of our bulky furniture is at the condo (which we are feebly attempting to sell) and everything else is packed away in my in-laws' barn. (Storage barn, not animal barn.) This week, I have decided to start going through things, and I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to get rid of things I don't need. Seriously, how many occasions require champagne flutes? What about the cake stand? I've made one cake in my entire adult life. And the wine glasses? We don't even drink wine! (I'm a rum or beer girl when I'm *not* pregnant or breastfeeding...) Thanks, wedding registry. Don't even get me started on how we were pressured into registering for things we didn't want or need because "people are going to buy you things anyway." That's another post for another day.
     My other priorities at the moment are finding sponsors for the Merry Fluffy Christmas giveaway blog hop and waiting anxiously for my copy of Make it Paleo to review. :)

     Tomorrow, I will be attending my first ever babywearing group meet up, so I'll have pictures and such to share. Until then, it's back to the boxes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment