Background

Friday, May 9, 2014

My Big Girl. My Two-Year-Old.

*Birthday Cookie*





So in love with you, little girl. We have our battles (like today, when I had to scoop you up and carry you out of the library during story time) but the ability to watch you develop, make your own decisions, and just play is such an honor. Every night when I put you to bed, I watch you for a few minutes after you've fallen asleep, completely awed by the amazing little person you are, and then give you one more kiss. It's never enough.

It's been an entire year since I've written one of these and-- holy cow-- how things have changed! You have quite the vocabulary, and you aren't afraid to use it. However, your favorite words right now are "cheese" and "open" (as in, "Please open the fridge and get me more cheese.") My favorites are "mommy," "daddy," "mam-ma," "pee-pa," "please," "I luh you," "hug," and "kiss."

One WHOLE year ago.
You are a WHIZ with puzzles, especially on the iPad. You can count to 10 and are getting pretty good with the alphabet. You love Mickey Mouse, Dora, and all the animals! You like to cuddle with your stuffed animals, but mostly your monkey.

You still love being around people and you LOVE to run, slide, and JUMP! You've been helping me in our garden lately, watering the sunflowers with your Mickey Mouse watering can. You don't mind playing in the sprinklers, but for some reason you still hate the bath...

You and I took a trip to Florida a couple weeks ago to visit our family. You made everyone so happy. You are very fortunate to have such wonderful and loving grandmas and grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins, and even your GREAT-grandma and grandpa to take care of you!
On Easter Sunday, we got dressed up and went to church with your daddy's parents. Grandma and Grandpa were singing and playing music on stage with the choir, and you were obviously compelled to join them. You walked right up the steps and stood next to Grandma, singing and dancing along in front of the whole church! You made a lot of people smile that day. :)
The next weekend, you visited Uncle Donald's Farm with *my* mommy and daddy. You guys got to pet some goats and rabbits and you even went on a hay ride and got to feed the cows! Then we went to Abshier Farm and picked three buckets of blueberries ("blue-babies") with your great-grandparents. You were a PRO!
My favorite trip was to Homosassa Springs State Park. We saw sooooo many animals like owls, bobcats, alligators, a hippo, and even manatees! I think you liked it, too, because when we left the park you waved and said, "Bye bye, animals! I luh you!"
Most importantly, you got to spend time with a lot of people who love you very much. I cannot wait until you are old enough to appreciate what a blessing that is.
You are worth all the sleepless nights.
You are growing and changing so fast, I fear that I could never take enough pictures or write enough letters to hold onto every precious moment. I am so proud to be your mama, and no matter how smart and independent you become, you will always be my baby girl. Happy second birthday, love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment